Computer Engineering International Program (EGCI)
The International Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) Program in Computer Engineering is jointly operated by the Faculty of Engineering at Mahidol University (EGMU) and Mahidol University International College (MUIC). It combines the strengths of both partners; the EGMU’s engineering excellence and the MUIC’s international affiliation.
Mahidol University International College generally admits students through entrance examinations which are administered four times a year in January, May, July, and October. Application procedures and deadlines vary for international students, see below.
For Regular Applicants (Academic Year 2014-2015)
|Application Period||Examination Date||Instruction Begins|
April 22 – May 6, 2014
|May 17 – 18, 2014||September 15, 2014|
June 25 – July 7, 2014
|July 26 – 27, 2014||September 15, 2014|
October 1 – 14, 2014
|October 25 – 26, 2014||January 5, 2015|
January 7 – 20, 2015
|31 January – 1 February, 2015||April 20, 2015|
Please follow the link for more detail: Application Schedule 2014-2015
Note: These dates are provisional and may be changed slightly depending on public holidays.
- Applicants must possess a secondary school (M. 6) certificate or its equivalent* as issued by the Ministry of Education, Thailand.
- Applicants must demonstrate English competence: a TOEFL (IBT) score of 79 or above, an IELTS (academic band) score of 6.0 or above or a SAT1 score (Critical Reading and Writing) of 1100 or above.
- Applicants are required to sit for a written examination including English (ITP TOEFL and Writing), Mathematics and a test for Entertainment Media Production and Communication Design Program. If they are successful with the written exam, they will be invited for an interview.
- All applicants must possess a clear record of good conduct and must be in good health.
Disabled applicants are encouraged to apply and are ensured equal opportunities.
Note: Applicants whose English language skills are not sufficient for immediate acceptance may be advised to study in the Preparation Center for Languages and Mathematics (PC). Applicants who successfully complete the PC requirements will be eligible for acceptance to the regular MUIC study program in the following trimester. MUIC also offers an “Intensive English Program” course for students preparing to take the college’s English entrance examination.
The applicant must provide the following documents at registration:
- Official Transcript
- High School Diploma or Certificate (If graduated)
- Certificate from the Ministry of Education, Thailand
- Diploma or certificate from an international school or an overseas institution
- Letter of student status (If studying)
- Three 1”x 1” photographs (wearing a school uniform)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS or SAT I scores with at least 2 years validity (if any)
- Two recommendation letters from two teachers (Download: Recommendation Letter Request Form)
- A photocopy of one’s identification card or passport (for overseas students)
- A photocopy of an official document showing one’s present status of residency
- A certification letter from the Ministry of Education, Thailand, if graduated from an international school or overseas institution
- Application Fee
- IGCSE: Grade C at least 5 subjects.
- GED: Must pass 5 subjects (minimum score of 410 in each subject) with minimum score of 2800
Application fees include the cost of administering the entrance examinations. As a result, fees vary depending upon the type of application:
|1. Applicants do not submit English Proficiency Test. (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT1)||
|2. Applicants submit English Proficiency Test.2.1 TOEFL (IBT) score of 79 or above
2.2 IELTS (Academic band) score of 6.0 or above
2.3 SAT1 (Critical Reading and Writing) Score of 1100 or above
The following are approximate fees and may change without prior notice. Please contact Admission for up-to-date information.
|Computer Engineering Major||Resident||Non-Resident|
|Tuition and Fees (per 4 years)||THB 630,800.00||THB 813,800.00|
|Tuition and Fees (per 1 year)||THB 157,700.00||THB 203,450.00|
|Tuition and Fees (per 1 semester)||THB 52,567.00||THB 67,817.00|
Applicants may apply at the MUIC Admissions Office on weekdays and Saturdays during the application periods (except public holidays).
For more information, please contact:
Mahidol University International College
999 Bhudhamonthon 4 Road
Salaya Nakornpathom 73170
Tel: (+662) 441-5090
Fax: (+662) 441-0629
Website: MUIC undergraduate admission